Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reading Up

It's been a while since I last updated this blog. Not surprising, considering it was the Chinese New Year weekend and basically, I have not been at home for more than 3 hours each day, other than to sleep in at nights. It's out for reunion dinners or house visits! But that's not the point ;p

Right now I am reading up on some of the books I have borrowed for my last module. Don Tapscott was one of the authors Dr Towndrow talked about a little, and so I have borrowed some of this books, just in case they come in handy. Well, so far his books titled "Paradigm Shift: The New Promise of Information Technology" and "Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything" seem to target businesses (though the latter does have useful information). I managed to get "Growing Up Digital: The Rise of the Net Generation" from the library from Ngee Ann Polytechnic and am now browsing through it. Decided to go to the website on Tapscott's books and came to know that he has actually websites on his books and I found this particular webpage interesting. It is a website on his latest book titled "Grown Up Digital". Just went to NIE library and realised since the last time I visited it, that book is now available for lending. Unfortunately the library is simply too far and so I shall just contend with what I have now.

It is interesting how I missed being the Net generation by 2 years, but then, that might also explain why it is also easier for me to adapt to the technological changes. Well, back to more reading and really, it is quite revealing to read about how these authors think about the impact of technology in our lives. Argh, if only I could have more time to read more but it is kind of tough, with me now in SST, but I shall make the best out of the situation. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment